Please login in order to download photos in full size
If you are not registered, please register for free: www.Free-Photos.biz/register
Please note to download premium images you also need to join as a free member..
You can also save the photos without the registration - but only in small and average sizes, and some of them will have the site's watermark. Please simply click your right mouse button and save the image.
Please login in order to like photos
If you are not registered, please register for free:
Sorry, non-members can download up to 1100 full-size photos per month.
It looks like you have used up your limit.
Free members can download an unlimited number of full-size photos - including the premium free photos.
Join as a member today for FREE! - and download the images without limitations:
You can also save the images without the membership - but only in small and average sizes, and some of them may have the site's watermark. Please simply click your right mouse button and save the image.
This is a premium free photo
This photo was viewed 2 times and was downloaded in full size 2 times.
This photo was liked 0 times
If you are a member, please login in order to see the source link of the above image.
|Ansel Adams (1902–1984)|
|Alternative names||Ansel Easton Adams|
|Date of birth/death||20 February 1902||22 April 1984|
|Location of birth/death||San Francisco||Monterey|
|Work location||American West|
|Authority control||LCCN: n79056359 | NARA's ARC: 1332556 | PND: 11881303X | VIAF: 61625857 | WorldCat|
- Item Title
- Calesthenics [sic] / photograph by Ansel Adams.
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984, photographer.
- Group of girls standing in line formation, each one reaching both of her arms straight out to the side.
- Title transcribed from Ansel Adams' caption on verso of print.
- Original neg. no.: LC-A35-6-M-8.
- Gift; Ansel Adams; 1965-1968.
- Forms part of
- Manzanar War Relocation Center photographs.
- Manzanar War Relocation Center--1940-1950.
- World War, 1939-1945--Japanese Americans--California--Manzanar.
- Japanese Americans--California--Manzanar--1940-1950.
- Physical education--California--Manzanar--1940-1950.
- Gelatin silver prints--1940-1950.
- Nitrate negatives--1940-1950.
- 1 photographic print : gelatin silver.
- 1 negative : nitrate.
- Call Number
- LOT 10479-7, no. 11
- REPRODUCTION NUMBER
- LC-DIG-ppprs-00419 DLC (b&w digital file from original print)
- LC-DIG-ppprs-00160 DLC (b&w digital file from original neg.)
- LC-A35-T01-6-M-8 DLC (b&w film dup. neg.)
- No known restrictions on publication.
- Part of
- Ansel Adams Manzanar War Relocation Center photographs
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
- Digital ID
- (original print) ppprs 00419 https://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppprs.00419
- (original neg.) ppprs 00160 https://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppprs.00160
|This image is available from the United States Library of Congress's Prints and Photographs division under the digital ID ppprs.00160.
This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.
Modifications for Wikipedia
- Taken from original full-scale tiff file
- Cropped according to print version
- Brightness reduced, contrast increased
- Multiple artifacts manually removed w. stamp tool
- Downsampled 50%
- Median filter 1px, 70% normal
- Grey-to-transparent gradient tool, overlay 20% over sky w. mask
- Converted to jpg at 8/10 quality level, 5 progressive scans
|This is a featured picture on the English language Wikipedia (Featured pictures) and is considered one of the finest images.
This is a featured picture on the Turkish language Wikipedia (Seçkin resimler) and is considered one of the finest images.
If you think this file should be featured on Wikimedia Commons as well, feel free to nominate it.
|This file is in the public domain, because it was gifted to the U.S. Library of Congress by Ansel Adams. No restrictions of usage according to .
In case this is not legally possible:
Please verify that the reason given above complies with Commons' licensing policy.
While the copyright and licensing information supplied for each photo is believed to be accurate, Free-Photos.biz does not provide any warranty regarding the copyright status or correctness of licensing terms. If you decide to reuse the images from Free-Photos.biz, you should verify the copyright status of each image just as you would when obtaining images from other sources.
The use of depictions of living or deceased persons may be restricted in some jurisdictions by laws regarding personality rights. Such images are exhibited at Free-Photos.biz as works of art that serve higher artistic interests.
By registering your account and/or by subscribing to new and newly rated photographs you agree we may send you the links to photos and we may occasionally share other information with you.
We do NOT disclose your personal data.