Please login in order to download photos in full size
Please note to download premium images you also need to join as a free member..
You can also save the photos without the registration - but only in small and average sizes, and some of them will have the site's watermark. Please simply click your right mouse button and save the image.
Please login in order to like photos
If you are not registered, please register for free:
Sorry, non-members can download up to 100 full-size photos per month.
It looks like you have used up your limit.
Join as a member today for FREE! - and download the images without limitations:
You can also save the images without the membership - but only in small and average sizes, and some of them may have the site's watermark. Please simply click your right mouse button and save the image.
- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi at the Santa Lucia feast in Stockholm, Sweden, 1937.
- From http://profiles.nlm.nih.gov/WG/B/B/C/G/
Description: Szent-Gyorgyi stands with the queen of the Santa Lucia feast, possibly announcing her winning the contest. Caption reads: "Most beautiful girl & most glamorous man. Crowning of Santa Lucia feast in Stockholm. Beauty queen elected. Stockholm 1937. Nobel Prize." St. Lucia's day, December 13th, starts the Christmas season in Sweden, just after Nobel Prize day, December 10th. Number of Image Pages: 1 (226,131 Bytes) Date: 1937
- Original Repository: National Library of Medicine. Prints and Photographs Collection
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: <A HREF="http://wwwihm.nlm.nih.gov/">http://wwwihm.nlm.nih.gov/</A>
- IHM Order Number: B024354
- Courtesy of the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science program has made every effort to secure proper permissions for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however, it has either not been possible to identify or contact the current copyright owner. If you have information regarding the copyright owner, please contact us at <A HREF="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</A>.
- Szeged, 1931-1947: Vitamin C, Muscles, and WWII
- Photographic prints
Metadata Last Modified Date:
||This Swedish photograph is free to use under one of the following cases:
|English | Español | Suomi | Italiano | ?????????? | Português do Brasil | ??????? | Svenska | +/?|
All photos in average size can be saved by everyone without registration (by right-clicking) - and all photos can be downloaded in full-size and without the big watermark by members (by left-clicking) (registration and free membership required).
While the copyright and licensing information supplied for each photo is believed to be accurate, Free-Photos.biz does not provide any warranty regarding the copyright status or correctness of licensing terms. If you decide to reuse the images from Free-Photos.biz, you should verify the copyright status of each image just as you would when obtaining images from other sources.
The use of depictions of living or deceased persons may be restricted in some jurisdictions by laws regarding personality rights. Such images are exhibited at Free-Photos.biz as works of art that serve higher artistic interests.