Please login in order to download photos in full size
If you are not registered, please register for free: www.Free-Photos.biz/register
Please note to download premium images you also need to join as a free member..
You can also save the photos without the registration - but only in small and average sizes, and some of them will have the site's watermark. Please simply click your right mouse button and save the image.
Please login in order to like photos
If you are not registered, please register for free:
Sorry, non-members can download up to 100 full-size photos per month.
It looks like you have used up your limit.
Free members can download an unlimited number of full-size photos - including the premium free photos.
Join as a member today for FREE! - and download the images without limitations:
You can also save the images without the membership - but only in small and average sizes, and some of them may have the site's watermark. Please simply click your right mouse button and save the image.
- Migrant agricultural worker's family. Seven hungry children. Mother aged thirty-two. Father is native Californian. Nipomo, California
- CALL NUMBER
- LC-USF34- 009097-C [P&P]
- REPRODUCTION NUMBER
- LC-USF34-T01-009097-C (b&w film dup. neg.)
LC-DIG-ppmsca-03055 (detail scan from b&w copy photo in Publishing Office)
- Photograph shows Florence Thompson with one of her children as part of the "Migrant Mother" series. For background information, see "Dorothea Lange's Migrant Mother' photographs ..." http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/list/128_migm.html
- 1 negative : nitrate ; 4 x 5 inches or smaller.
- 1936 Feb. or Mar.
- Lange, Dorothea(w), photographer.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- Additional information on caption card: See mount 9093-C [i.e. print caption for LC-USF34-009093-C].
- LOT 0344 (Location of corresponding print.)
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- Published in: Eyes of the nation : a visual history of the United States / Vincent Virga and curators of the Library of Congress ; historical commentary by Alan Brinkley. New York : Knopf, 1997.
- Published in: American women : a Library of Congress guide ... Washington : Library of Congress, 2001, p. 186.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Original print is stored in PR 12, FSA file prints.
- Migrant agricultural laborers.
- Breast feeding.
- Poor persons.
- United States--California--San Luis Obispo County--Nipomo.
- Nitrate negatives.
- PART OF
- Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, DC 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
- DIGITAL ID
- (b&w copy scan) fsa 8b29527 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/fsa.8b29527
(detail scan from b&w copy photo in Publishing Office) ppmsca 03055 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.03055
- OTHER NUMBER
- J 361
- CONTROL #
|This image is available from the United States Library of Congress's Prints and Photographs division under the digital ID fsa.8b29527.
This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.
|This image is a work of an employee of the United States Farm Security Administration or Office of War Information domestic photographic units, created during the course of the person's official duties. As a work of the U.S. federal government, the image is in the public domain. See Copyright.|
|Orientation of image||1|
|Image resolution in width direction||1800|
|Image resolution in height direction||1800|
|Unit of X and Y resolution||2|
|Color space information||65535|
|Exif image width||6360|
|Exif image length||6358|
|Software used||Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows|
While the copyright and licensing information supplied for each photo is believed to be accurate, Free-Photos.biz does not provide any warranty regarding the copyright status or correctness of licensing terms. If you decide to reuse the images from Free-Photos.biz, you should verify the copyright status of each image just as you would when obtaining images from other sources.
The use of depictions of living or deceased persons may be restricted in some jurisdictions by laws regarding personality rights. Such images are exhibited at Free-Photos.biz as works of art that serve higher artistic interests.