Please login in order to download photos in full size
If you are not registered, please register for free: www.Free-Photos.biz/register
Please note to download premium images you also need to join as a free member..
You can also save the photos without the registration - but only in small and average sizes, and some of them will have the site's watermark. Please simply click your right mouse button and save the image.
Please login in order to like photos
If you are not registered, please register for free:
Sorry, non-members can download up to 100 full-size photos per month.
It looks like you have used up your limit.
Free members can download an unlimited number of full-size photos - including the premium free photos.
Join as a member today for FREE! - and download the images without limitations:
You can also save the images without the membership - but only in small and average sizes, and some of them may have the site's watermark. Please simply click your right mouse button and save the image.
Tokyo Landsat Image. A guided tour:
- The green circle in the center is the Kokyo (Imperial Palace). The little gray ball in the middle is the palace itself: you can also barely see the Budokan at the top of the palace grounds.
- Tokyo Tower is located in the small park due south of the Kokyo.
- At the bottom of the photo, on the bay,Tokyo International Airport. The third runway was under construction at the time (or maybe it's just discolored).
- The large artificial islands in the bay near central Tokyo is Odaiba.
- The green blotches west of the Kokyo are the Akasaka Palace and Jingu Park: the big blob far to the west is Yoyogi Park.
- The black spot to the north of Yoyogi Park is central Shinjuku.
- The river on the south side of the photo is the Tama River, separating Tokyo from Kanagawa Prefecture.
- The second river due east of the Palace is the Arakawa, separating Tokyo from Chiba Prefecture.
- Tokyo Disney Resort is on the other side of this river from Tokyo (it's the big greenish-white thing on the artificial peninsula by the bay).
- The northwestern corner of the map is in Saitama Prefecture, I think (but it's hard to tell exactly where Saitama begins).
|This file is in the public domain because it was created by NASA. NASA copyright policy states that "NASA material is not protected by copyright unless noted". (See Template:PD-USGov, NASA copyright policy page or JPL Image Use Policy.)
Derivative works of this file:
While the copyright and licensing information supplied for each photo is believed to be accurate, Free-Photos.biz does not provide any warranty regarding the copyright status or correctness of licensing terms. If you decide to reuse the images from Free-Photos.biz, you should verify the copyright status of each image just as you would when obtaining images from other sources.
The use of depictions of living or deceased persons may be restricted in some jurisdictions by laws regarding personality rights. Such images are exhibited at Free-Photos.biz as works of art that serve higher artistic interests.