Please login in order to download photos in full size
Please note to download premium images you also need to join as a free member..
You can also save the photos without the registration - but only in small and average sizes, and some of them will have the site's watermark. Please simply click your right mouse button and save the image.
Please login in order to like photos
If you are not registered, please register for free:
Sorry, non-members can download up to 100 full-size photos per month.
It looks like you have used up your limit.
Join as a member today for FREE! - and download the images without limitations:
You can also save the images without the membership - but only in small and average sizes, and some of them may have the site's watermark. Please simply click your right mouse button and save the image.
English: Left picture : At the time this photo was made, smoke billowed 20,000 feet above Hiroshima while smoke from the burst of the first atomic bomb had spread over 10,000 feet on the target at the base of the rising column. Six planes of the 509th Composite Group, participated in this mission; one to carry the bomb Enola Gay, one to take scientific measurements of the blast The Great Artiste, the third to take photographs Necessary Evil the others flew approximately an hour ahead to act as weather scouts, 08/06/1945. Bad weather would disqualify a target as the scientists insisted on a visual delivery, the primary target was Hiroshima, secondary was Kokura, and tertiary was Nagasaki.
Right picture : Atomic bombing of Nagasaki on August 9, 1945.
|Date||2010-12-02 22:32 (UTC)|
|This is a retouched picture, which means that it has been digitally altered from its original version. Modifications: Putting two images together. The original can be viewed here: Atomic_cloud_over_Hiroshima.jpg. Modifications made by Binksternet.
|This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.|
Original upload log
This image is a derivative work of the following images:
- File:Nagasakibomb.jpg licensed with PD-USGov-Military
- 2008-12-21T21:32:47Z Fastfission 3245x3877 (6910879 Bytes) even higher resolution (and crisper)...
- 2008-09-18T01:29:15Z Panoptik 2213x2800 (905958 Bytes) higher res
- 2008-09-05T18:21:00Z PatríciaR 1246x1468 (730865 Bytes) from http://tools.wikimedia.pl/~beau/imgs/ (recovering [[User:PatríciaR/missing_images|lost file]])
- 2008-09-05T13:52:08Z Multichill 1246x1468 (779258 Bytes) Reverted to version as of 02:26, 26 October 2006: Current version seems to be lost
- 2008-02-29T18:48:55Z Xiong Chiamiov 1246x1468 (730865 Bytes) losslessly optimized using [[en:optipng]]
- 2006-10-26T02:26:53Z Fastfission 1246x1468 (779258 Bytes) a little higher res
- 2006-01-09T00:19:09Z Hautala 1060x1449 (257254 Bytes) higher resolution from http://www.archives.gov/research/ww2/photos/images/ww2-163.jpg
- 2005-02-10T11:32:12Z Mormegil 800x1094 (116768 Bytes) Atomic bombing of Nagasaki (from en:)
- File:Atomic_cloud_over_Hiroshima.jpg licensed with PD-USGov-Military-Army
Uploaded with derivativeFX
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
All photos in average size can be saved by everyone without registration (by right-clicking) - and all photos can be downloaded in full-size and without the big watermark by members (by left-clicking) (registration and free membership required).
While the copyright and licensing information supplied for each photo is believed to be accurate, Free-Photos.biz does not provide any warranty regarding the copyright status or correctness of licensing terms. If you decide to reuse the images from Free-Photos.biz, you should verify the copyright status of each image just as you would when obtaining images from other sources.
The use of depictions of living or deceased persons may be restricted in some jurisdictions by laws regarding personality rights. Such images are exhibited at Free-Photos.biz as works of art that serve higher artistic interests.